I can't believe it is the second week of February already. Time sure flies by. Today Abby and I got into the spirit of Valentine's by making the traditional sugar cookies. Have you ever tried to make and decorate cookies with an almost two year old? It is an adventure. Here are some photos of our fun times!
Step 1: Mixing the dough. At this point she wasn't interested in tasting the dough at all.
2. Rolling out the dough. Hmm it is starting to look interesting Mom!!
3. Baking and icing the cookies. This was so much fun. Everytime my back was turned I would catch her eating dough or icing. She was pretty excited about this activity!!
4. The finished product! Anybody want some cookies? Come on over I have had to hide them from a very determined Abby!!
In the spirit of Valentine's I am going to tell you about some of my favorite Valentine's adventures with Ryan. My definite favorite is a tie between our first Valentine's as a couple and our first as a married couple. Our first Valentine's Day we had only been dating a month and I won't even mention the cheesy gifts I bought. However Ryan took me to dinner at a cafe with live instrumental music. It was so funny because I had always wanted to do that but had never told him. I thought he had ESP or something.We went to a dance in which he actually danced with me. This was really big for him and since we have been married have rarely gone to another dance so I appreciated it. On the way home he gave me a CD to sing along to of some of our favorite music. It was pretty cool.
Our second Valentine's we used a gift the girls at work had given me and went away to a cabin for a few days. This is where we first cross country skied. We had a hot tub right inside of our cabin and although it was super duper cold. It was fun times.
This year Ryan is actually off on a Saturday like the first one in forever so I am not sure what our big plans are but just having him home all day will be present enough for me.
Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!!!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Well last week I entered the 30's of my life. I turned the big 31. He he! It isn't that big to me but people keep asking me how I am handling the 30's. I am of the opinion you are as young as you feel so catch me on a good day and I still feel like I'm 18. My husband treated me awesome. We went out for a yummy steak dinner. What can I say I am an Alberta Beef girl at heart? We went to the mall to wait for our movie and I got a new shirt and two new books. I have to say one of my favorite things is buying a new book. I will let you know if they are any good after I read them. We went to a totally cheesy movie. Mall Cop. Ok no real plot and nothing serious at all but I laughed almost the entire movie and so I think the happy endorphins made it all worthwhile. Abby had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's and gave them a great time. I felt so bad as she woke them up super early and wasn't such a happy camper. What can I say I have amazing family!! The only downside to the evening was Ryan got sick and spent the next day in bed. Not so fun.
Here is Abby's new favorite expression. Don't ask me where she learned this one from.
Today was super fun as I headed off to another doctor's appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Always amazing to think of a person growing inside of you. Next week it is already ultrasound time and I am feeling way better and starting to really enjoy and love being pregnant. Talk to me in a few months when I am way too big and too uncomfortable but right now I am loving it.
Lastly I got tagged by my bud Kristi to write six random things about myself and then tag some people to do the same. So here goes:
1. I have a small case of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)and alphabetize all our movies and books. I figure it is okay unless it gets out of control which only happened once when I first lived with roomies. He He poor girls didn't know what to think of me.
2. I love singing in my car and when I am by myself or with Abby I crank up the tunes and belt them out. When I notice other people watching I just wave and keep on singing.
3. When I am playing video games or reading a book I get way too involved and laugh out loud or make a comment out loud without even realizing it. Ryan gets a real kick out of this.
4. I really don't like doing my makeup or hair. In fact I am a total tomboy in that respect. I am pretty sure all those genes got put into my other two sisters.
5. My favorite thinking spot is still on rock hill at my parents farm looking at the mountains and listening to the peace and quiet of nature.
6. If I didn't become a nurse I dreamed of being an elementary music teacher. I thought that would be a dream job working with cute kids and having music around me all day.
There are some random thoughts about me for you to think about. Now I will tag a few of you to do the same.
Romy, Beth, Joelle, Tasha, and Melissa
Now what is a post from me without an adorable pic of Abby so here is one of her latest. Wearing her daddy's slippers.