Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I can't believe it is the second week of February already. Time sure flies by. Today Abby and I got into the spirit of Valentine's by making the traditional sugar cookies. Have you ever tried to make and decorate cookies with an almost two year old? It is an adventure. Here are some photos of our fun times!
Step 1: Mixing the dough. At this point she wasn't interested in tasting the dough at all.
2. Rolling out the dough. Hmm it is starting to look interesting Mom!!
3. Baking and icing the cookies. This was so much fun. Everytime my back was turned I would catch her eating dough or icing. She was pretty excited about this activity!!

4. The finished product! Anybody want some cookies? Come on over I have had to hide them from a very determined Abby!!
In the spirit of Valentine's I am going to tell you about some of my favorite Valentine's adventures with Ryan. My definite favorite is a tie between our first Valentine's as a couple and our first as a married couple. Our first Valentine's Day we had only been dating a month and I won't even mention the cheesy gifts I bought. However Ryan took me to dinner at a cafe with live instrumental music. It was so funny because I had always wanted to do that but had never told him. I thought he had ESP or something.We went to a dance in which he actually danced with me. This was really big for him and since we have been married have rarely gone to another dance so I appreciated it. On the way home he gave me a CD to sing along to of some of our favorite music. It was pretty cool.
Our second Valentine's we used a gift the girls at work had given me and went away to a cabin for a few days. This is where we first cross country skied. We had a hot tub right inside of our cabin and although it was super duper cold. It was fun times.
This year Ryan is actually off on a Saturday like the first one in forever so I am not sure what our big plans are but just having him home all day will be present enough for me.
Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!!!!

6 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

cute picture of you and ryan! abby...oh so cute with the cookie making!!

joelle said...

YOU'RE CUTE.
will you save a cookie for me?

Yvonne said...

I'M READY TO COME ON OVER AND GET ONE OF THOSE COOKIES--I make lousy sugar cookies.

Happy Valentine's Day to you. Hope it's a great one--whatever you and your sweetie do to celebrate.

The FOUR M's... said...

You and Ryan are so adorable! And Abby! I love the cookie pictures! Wish I could come help you eat them, but just thinking about sugary things right now almost necessitates a rush to the bathroom -- I've managed to avoid actually getting sick yet, but I feel like I'm on the verge! Talk to you soon!

Romy said...

I love the cute pic of Abby with the finished cookies! She looks so pleased with herself...and so she should be! And I echo Joelle...will you save a cookie for me? Please? :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Ry!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh look at all the hair Abby has! That's crazy! What a cutie pie! So I was reading an old post of yours and was wondering how church, family and work was going? So you have any advice now that you are truly back. I was released from the YW presidency so that has helped a lot for me. It's mostly the work and family I am struggling with. Well I should say the work, family, and sleep...