Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Day in the Life

It has been some time since I last posted. I keep using the excuse I can't find the camera cord to download pictures so why post when I don't have pictures then I decided this is a silly reason.
I thought this was fun on someone's blog so I am copying it.

A Day in my Life
8am-Abby wakes me up by talking to her penguin "Puffy". She doesn't really talk yet we are still working on this. It is slightly baffling as she loves to read and is constantly reading her books but time will tell. I am sure one day the sentences will just pour out.
8:10-Off to breakfast. Abby loves oatmeal what a trooper. We had oatmeal every morning growing up and I can honestly say I do not miss it. I love my Mom for making me such a healthy breakfast every day.
8:30-Honestly I had a pounding headache and Ryan was still in bed since he didn't work until 10. I turned on Sesame Street and hit the pillow. Feel slightly guilty but after my 20 minute nap I felt a whole lot better.
8:50- Started getting Abby ready for the day. Today was a good day lately this has been a fight with her not wanting to get dressed but wanting to run around in her beautiful skin. Put on the Dora panties. Here's hoping for a good potty day.
9-10- Ryan left for work. Got ready for the day. Read a few books. Lately Abby's favorite is The Giving Tree by Silverstein. Really good book with a lot of good meaning.
10-11 Headed outside for a walk. Yeah it is finally nice enough to head out for a walk. Abby loves pushing the trailer instead of riding in it and falls often on the ice but still loves being outside. I discovered those nursery teachers are amazing. I started singing the Snowman song and Abby starts doing the actions. Love it. Put up three stickers on the potty chart so far. YEAH for no accidents.
11-2 Went shopping with Grandma. Bought material to make Abby an Easter dress. Appointment with the obs/gyne (everything looks good). Went to natural bakery and bought some bread. SO YUMMY!!! Grocery Shopping and then home.
2-3 Looked at my package that arrived in the mail from Cardston Book Shop. I spoiled myself and Abby with some new books, CD's, and coloring books. So much fun. Got a phone call from Ryan and he is invited for part 3 of an interview process for a great job. YEAH!!! Here's hoping.
3-5Went outside again because Abby loves it and built a snowman. Took the camera to try and catch the huge amazing snowflakes but by the time we all got ready and out it had quit snowing.
5-7 Made a yummy stifry, cleaned up the kitchen, colored with Abby and relaxed.
7-8 Read some more stories, got Abby into bed and packed my bag for work tomorrow.

That pretty much sums up my amazing day. I have been pouring over websites looking for creative ideas for my new calling as Enrichment Leader. Anyone who has any fabulous ideas give me a shout.
All in all I have a pretty great life and just wanted to share some of my exciting moments that happen around here.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

My fav. site is called sugardoodle.net Im sure you've heard of it already but it is still on the top of my list. I think you will do a great job.

The FOUR M's... said...

How fun was your day! I wish Makenna didn't have to go to school -- we had so much fun together when she was Abby's age!

My sister just got called as enrichment leader too (Mary Lou), and if you want to contact her, she's on my blog list on the side of my blog -- just leave a comment and I'm sure she'd get back to you.

Have a super day!

Yvonne said...

I love The Giving Tree.

Isn't it so fun to watch her grow up--ENJOY.

momma street said...

I am the Enrichment leader as well. Oh goody - right!!?! You can e-mail me anytime and we can brainstorm together. HOW FUN!!!

Meg said...

I don't know how you do it all. You are inspiring. I am beat. Good luck with the new calling... and new baby! I am so excited you!

Angela said...

I like these posts. I think a life in the day is really fun. I've always wanted to do one.

Good luck with the new calling. You'll do great.

Angela said...

It's suppose to be day in the life. I need to type slower and proof read.