Saturday, December 19, 2009
This year instead of a Christmas letter we decided to write our top ten list of things that happened to us in 2009. In no particular order here are some of our favorites of 2009.
1. Ryan graduated from University with a Bachelor of Arts in Geography. Had fun participating in bike races and came first place in the Wednesday Night Mountain Bike Series this summer.
2. We bought a piano. We saw it at a garage sale and snatched it up. I love playing with the girls and singing away.
3. We welcomed our second beautiful daughter Natalie Ann on July 17. She is such a sweetheart and we love having her as part of our family. She is growing and changing everyday. My favorite attribute is her happy attitude. She always wakes up with a smile no matter what time of day or night it is.
4.We were able to go on a family vacation to Alberta in the fall. We loved seeing our family and friends in Alberta. We had a lot of fun on the farm visiting Grandparents. Abby loved the baby tractor (the quad). We were also able to go up to Calgary and visit relatives. A definite highlight for Abby was the Calgary Zoo with Uncle Matt.
5.Abby is turning into such a big girl. She is a great big sister. She loves to read books, play house, and be outside. She is very independent and seems to know what she wants all the time. She took her first swimming lessons and loves going to nursery on Sundays.
6. Ryan got his first job as a Materials Coordinator for Aero-Inventory. He was enjoying working there until the company ran into some financial difficulty and he got laid off. Lucky for us he was able to find a new job with Air Canada starting in January.
7. We were able to do some work on our house this year. We put in four new windows and tore out a wall. We have our fence half pulled down and plan on putting up a new one next year. This is us in front of our empty window space in the kitchen where we had to replace the entire wall.
8.We are both keeping busy at church. I am serving in the Relief Society Presidency and Ryan is the Young Men's President. Abby is keeping the nursery leaders busy and Natalie is still happy to just stay with Mom and Dad.
9. I enjoyed working part time in the ICU as an RN until June when I went on Mat. Leave. It was great to be able to keep my skills up and have a little Mom time.
10. Our family is such a big part of our life. We are so blessed to have Grandparents, Aunties, and Uncles so close. We wouldn't be able to do everything we are able to do without their love and support.
All in all we have been so blessed this year and are so grateful to be part of such a happy healthy family.
Merry Christmas to you and your family
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I can't believe it is almost Christmas. The last couple of months have flown by. We are mostly ready at our house just a few odds and ends. This year has been really fun as we are trying to start some new family traditions and enjoy the season together.
Abby and I enjoyed going for a walk during the first snowfall and looking at all the pretty lights. She is fascinated by the lights and considers it her job to plug them in everyday even in -35 degrees.
We are enjoying the advent calendar found in the December issue of the Friend magazine. It is so much fun to learn about all the different cultures around the world and how they celebrate Christmas. After we pin the picture up she runs to the traditional advent calendar to get her chocolate fix for the day. Sometimes Daddy's calendar appears to be missing days we haven't had yet I wonder who???
Grandma made cute matching Christmas dresses for the girls which they have enjoyed wearing each Sunday this month. So cute.
We decided to simplify our season and bought some Charlie Brown Christmas Trees. They are super cute, adorable, and really inexspensive. They smell great. We call them our Abby size trees.
Abby participated in her first Christmas play as an angel. She was too cute her costume constantly falling off and having to run to the bathroom in the middle of it. She did really great though and wasn't shy at all.
Natalie is still growing like a weed and will be five months this week. At five months she is sleeping through the night occasionally (Yeah!). She is starting the drooling, red cheeks, teething phase. She is almost rolling over and tries to sit up occasionally. She loves to smile and laugh. She loves the jolly jumper, exersaucer, and sadly her thumb still. We have tried to push the soother but no the thumb is better in her opinion. I know just enjoy it. Mostly she loves to be cuddled and I just enjoy cuddling her.
Here's a super fun thing Abby has started doing lately. I don't know why but she is starting to have school. She sets up all her stuffed animals on the bed and teaches them the ABC's it is so cute. It reminds me of when I was little and I used to have my own primary on my bed with my stuffed animals.
Other than that Ryan and I are enjoying some extra time together which will be ending at the beginning of January thanks to him getting a new job. It has been great having him around to help more with the kids.
Well off to bed since both kids are fast asleep. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season.