Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!

I can't believe it is almost Christmas. The last couple of months have flown by. We are mostly ready at our house just a few odds and ends. This year has been really fun as we are trying to start some new family traditions and enjoy the season together.







Abby and I enjoyed going for a walk during the first snowfall and looking at all the pretty lights. She is fascinated by the lights and considers it her job to plug them in everyday even in -35 degrees.






We are enjoying the advent calendar found in the December issue of the Friend magazine. It is so much fun to learn about all the different cultures around the world and how they celebrate Christmas. After we pin the picture up she runs to the traditional advent calendar to get her chocolate fix for the day. Sometimes Daddy's calendar appears to be missing days we haven't had yet I wonder who???

Grandma made cute matching Christmas dresses for the girls which they have enjoyed wearing each Sunday this month. So cute.







We decided to simplify our season and bought some Charlie Brown Christmas Trees. They are super cute, adorable, and really inexspensive. They smell great. We call them our Abby size trees.























Abby participated in her first Christmas play as an angel. She was too cute her costume constantly falling off and having to run to the bathroom in the middle of it. She did really great though and wasn't shy at all.


Natalie is still growing like a weed and will be five months this week. At five months she is sleeping through the night occasionally (Yeah!). She is starting the drooling, red cheeks, teething phase. She is almost rolling over and tries to sit up occasionally. She loves to smile and laugh. She loves the jolly jumper, exersaucer, and sadly her thumb still. We have tried to push the soother but no the thumb is better in her opinion. I know just enjoy it. Mostly she loves to be cuddled and I just enjoy cuddling her.




Here's a super fun thing Abby has started doing lately. I don't know why but she is starting to have school. She sets up all her stuffed animals on the bed and teaches them the ABC's it is so cute. It reminds me of when I was little and I used to have my own primary on my bed with my stuffed animals.




Other than that Ryan and I are enjoying some extra time together which will be ending at the beginning of January thanks to him getting a new job. It has been great having him around to help more with the kids. 
Well off to bed since both kids are fast asleep. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season.

3 comments:

Lunicrax said...

Aww! What an awesome update! Thanks! :) I like the small Christmas trees, where do you get those??? The girls look adorable. Btw, what's wrong with sucking the thumb?? I did that, until I was about 4 or so... My thumb looked a bit special on the joint during, but, it disapperead after I stopped (and I only stopped because my mom thought I should have a "grown-up" pillow, and I *had* to have a pillow with my thumb, otherwise it wasn't right... :) Anyways, if anything it's more hygienic, since the thumb doesn't fall on the floor every now and then which the soother tends to do, eh? ;)

Miss you Jess! Lots of hugs!!!

Kristi Drennan said...

Isaiah is all over me trying to see these pictures of his girlfriend. And he's eating my popcorn as well. It's a win win for him. That last one of her teaching school....super cute! Oh..." I see I see" needing to look at the pictures again!

Yvonne said...

Love it.

I love the picture of her reading to her stuffed animals.

The Abby tree is perfect.