Sunday, March 22, 2009

Materials Coordinator

Well I got a lot of comments asking what exactly will Ryan be going so here are the details of his new job. He will be the Materials Co-ordiantor for a company called Aero-Inventory. It is over by the airport so we are getting a second car on Tuesday. It is a total Mommy car but it is newer and it will run smoother. It is a 2006 Ford Focus Wagon. Ryan also got called as YM President today. Life is never dull at our house.
After enduring five days without running water I can truly say I am grateful for all the conviences that a modern home has. I used to dream of being a pioneer because I thought it would be so adventurous not anymore. However we were able to utilize our home water supply from our food storage and it really made me grateful that we were obedient to the counsel to keep a small food and water supply. A water main brake on our street caused them to turn off the main supply and when it got turned back on our houses pipes were frozen. Luckily it was on the city side so we didn't have to pay for it. Another blessing.
The snow is all starting to melt and yesterday Abby and I headed off to St. Vital Park and although we came home soaking wet it was so much fun to be outside.

6 comments:

Romy said...

I was wondering who the new YM President was going to be when I heard (while visiting Selkirk Branch today) that Bro. Douglas had been called to the High Council! Hahaha! Congrats again to Ryan! He'll do an awesome job!

Glad to hear that the water situation is better. I am grateful for spring, but some of the challenges that come along with it - water main breaks, potholes (sinkholes in some cases!!) and all of the slushy/dirty roads making driving not so fun - are a real pain!

Have fun with your new "Mommy car"!

LindsayB said...

what?! no water! no shower?! i would be so lost. i'm so happy for you guys being done student life and having a job all lined up! doesn't get any better! now that ryan won't be studying he'll be spending all that spare time with ym stuff!

Kristi Drennan said...

What! I didn't know you were out of water! The nursing station here has been out of water for over a week. Weird! Can't wait to see the new car!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! I can't imagine being out of water with a toddler. I don't know about Abby but Cali needs a bath by the end of one day!

Yvonne said...

Congrats to Ryan on the new job and the new calling.

I'm sure you will love your "mommy car".

Tara said...

congrats on the new job sounds like you got a huge blessing