Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring or Not Spring that is the Question

Well it has been some time since I last blogged. I took a nice long break. Mainly because Abby has discovered you can play games on the computer and every time I sit down,"Mommy I want to play one of my games."
The last week we have been enjoying some warmer weather and lot's of outdoor time. I love it when I can take the girls outside. Abby loves being outdoors and loves exploring. It is so refreshing to take a walk with her and watch as she appreciates the simplest things.

Natalie has been growing like crazy. She is now 8 months old. Still no teeth but man she is sure acting and sleeping like she is getting teeth so we will see. This is her favorite place on earth. On the floor surrounded by paper. She loves anything paper and you have to watch her otherwise it is straight into the mouth. She is starting to get mobile these days not technically crawling but scooches her way across the floor.
What can I say? Here is my little reader. Abby has started reading books outloud. Obviously not truly reading them but saying the basics of the story that I have read to her. It is so fun to watch and see just how quickly she learns a story. Since she went to a princess birthday party she is really into princesses these days. I picked up the book Cinderella on the weekend and she loves reading it. The other day she said she was bored so I was like go read one of your books. "Mom I can't read I am too little." Then she proceeds to sit down and read her version of the story. I love how their little minds work how they want to be independant and dependant at the same time.

We have had some fun family times the past few weekends swimming, looking at show homes, and last weekend going to the primary Olympics party.
We were the Dinos and had traced a dinosaur on the back of our uniforms. Abby insisted we be called the Smith Family team so original. We all won a gold medal so I say pretty good performances by all. Abby's favorite were the scooter races. Dad was pretty excited to beat Mom in the tug of war. We are so lucky to have such a fun ward who plan such fun activities. It was a great time.
This morning when I woke up there was snow on the ground. Hence the title of my post. I know it won't last super long but I was really hoping it was spring. Please come back spring we love you!!!!

3 comments:

JulieandGary Smith said...

Jessica, that Natalie of yours is SUPER duper cute and I love the family picture from the Olympics, go Smith family Go!
OH and whenever I mention you, my mom always says to say "hi", so there, I did it.

Kristi Drennan said...

Your hair looks super cute!! Love the update. Can't wait to play with you guys!!!

xoxo

Yvonne said...

Sorry, I didn't see this post.

Hey, it's been a GREAT spring--I cannot believe it.

Heidi didn't get her first tooth until she was 13 months old--I thought she was going to be the first child with dentures ; )