Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Still Here!!

I can't believe that it has been so long since I wrote a blog entry. It has been a crazy couple of months. On the weekend though we had Stake Conference and I was so inspired I was like I need to update my blog. More on that later.

October has been such a beautiful month. I think we have spent more time outdoors than in the summer.
Here's our Natalie. What is new with her? Well Miss Natalie is my explorer. She now loves to climb on anything. For example I was on the phone with my sister and I couldn't hear her playing so I went to check yep on top of the piano!! Another time on top of the bathroom sink. She definitely keeps us on our toes--or should I say running!! When we go for walks now she insists on walking because she is a big 16month old. She loves driveways because they lead to a big sidewalk known as a road to most of us but to Natalie it is just a big walking area!!! Oh my!! Her curls are growing longer although you can't tell because they are still super curly. She still isn't talking too much but she loves to communicate her love to her sister with big hugs and kisses!!! She also discovered the pots and pans drawer which is always lots of fun.
Abby has turned into a craft junkie. It is good for me since I have always felt like a non-crafty person so it has been good for me to explore my craftiness. She has been going to joyschool once a week and loves it. She gets so excited on her "school days" and packs her backpack and waits by the door even if there are two-three hours until it starts. She is busy with her swimming lessons and loves going to swim with the family even going down the big waterslide now!!
Anyway those are some new things about my two cutie pies!! So on the weekend we had this awesome leadership for Primary. I learned so much but it really hit me how important it is to just love people no matter what. Just love those kids and everything else in primary will turn out okay.
The Barfuss family were in town for the weekend and it was so fun. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss them. I feel pretty lucky seeing as I am family I will see them more than most people here but it still isn't the same as running over to my sisters house on a hard day her giving me some of her great advice and then leaving feeling awesome again. My sister even made time to do my hair for me which I can't even tell you grateful I am for that. Anyway they did this fireside and it made me miss them all over again. Lucky Calgary!!!
We are getting excited for Halloween. Abby is going to be a clown and Natalie is going to be Little Red Riding Hood. We have Abby's joyschool party and then a primary party on Saturday lot's of fun.
Happy Halloween!!!!

4 comments:

LindsayB said...

cute girls jess. i hear ya on the craft thing. alli gets so excited whenever i break out the craft stuff, which is very scant in supply around here!

Lunicrax said...

Awesome update!!! How in the world does Natalie manage to climb so high?? Crazy! :D

This makes me inspired too. But... next update will come when I'm done my big big project.... stay tuned!

Tricia said...

Your little girls girls are growing up soooo fast, it sounds like you are keeping busy. The more you craft the more you'll want to, your a great mom.

Yvonne said...

It is so fun to watch them grown, isn't it. I have such fun memories of Heidi in Joy School--she loved it (and so did I)

I'm sure you're going to miss having your family so close. They will sure leave a big hole in my heart.