Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Holidays!!

We were so lucky this year to be able to go out to Alberta to visit the family for about 10 days. We had such an awesome time. Here are some of the highlights::
1. We got to stay at Auntie Leslye's new amazing condo. Abby got introduced to Charlotte's Web and Leslye and her shared quite a few laughs and are still laughing.
2. We got to visit with Joelle and meet her awesome fiance. I can't believe she is getting married. I was so glad we were able to spend some quality time since my baby is due pretty close to her wedding date so I am probably not going to make it. So sad!!!!


3. I loved watching the girls enjoy the farm. We did some rock throwing, fishing, quad riding, and visiting the cows. Daddy enjoyed torturing the gophers just a little bit.


4. We went to Waterton for the day when we first arrived. We had fun hiking and exploring. The girls enjoyed sticking their feet into the water when there was still ice on it. Crazy how much snow there still is up there. Of course we saw some wildlife and enjoyed some yummy ice cream.

5. We were so lucky that my brother Phil and his family came up close to the same time. My kids actually had some time with cousins close to their age. Abby was in heaven. My favorite memory was riding in the back of the truck and looking at the cows and all the kids making moo sounds along with Grandpa-pretty priceless!!

6. Of course we got to go to the temple. I love going to the Cardston temple. It is my favorite because of all my memories of it growing up etc. It was fun to teach the girls more about it and to take some pics and just talk about how important it is. So grateful for everything that goes on in that building!!!


7. On Canada Day we headed to Raymond for the big parade and then lunch at my Aunt and Uncle's house. That brought back so many memories of going there when I was young. It was fun to see all the cousins and to see my girls enjoy a summer parade. They were so excited.

8. To end off our trip we headed to Calgary to visit Ryan's brother and my sister and their families. The pics are on the other camera. We had such a great time and are so blessed to have such awesome families!!!!

2 comments:

The FOUR M's... said...

We were in Raymond that day too! :) Sad that I didn't know you were there, or I would have come to say hi. Glad you had a great trip! When are you due? I can't remember...

carolyne b said...

When I read Joelle's FB and saw she was getting married.... it took me back to when she was in YW's. It hasn't been that long, how time flies.
Glad to hear you are enjoying it in your new house/ward. The Dalhousie ward is shrinking, first Smiths, Emmers, and now Strattons are moving. Yikes, pretty soon they'll be announcing we're a branck again.