Friday, August 22, 2008

Holidays

Well we have almost been on the East Coast for a week and it has been awesome. Tonight we are vegging so I thought I would write a little note and post a few pics. First of all Abby did amazing on the long plane ride. In fact she finally fell asleep when the turbulence hit
We spent a few days in Halifax area. We spent a few touristy days in downtown area which was so much fun. We had yummy yummy food. We tasted what they claim is the best ice cream in Canada but I wasn't so convinced. Our car broke down right before a roundabout which was fun in the middle of rush hour. Luckily Ryan's uncle was only 20 minutes away. We were able to stay with my friend's Mom and her husband. They were super duper nice to us and leant us their car for the evening and morning. We saw some amazing gardens in the city and then we headed off to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house.
Nova Scotia is so beautiful with lots of hills and trees. I couldn't believe it. Great Grandma and Great Grandpa live in Truro so we spent a night and day there. It was pretty fun as they had never met Abby before. They have this amazing park and hike into some waterfalls which was really fun until Abby did a faceplant on the cement. Not so much fun and she has a huge bump on her head today.
Today we headed off for PEI. I am kind of a nerd but seriously I loved Anne of Green Gables growing up and this has always been a dream of mine to come to PEI. Once again another beautiful province. We live in such a beautiful country. The ferry coming over was fun and a nice break since it is blistering hot and our amazing little car doesn't have air conditioning. Sure makes you appreciate the times you live in. Think of those pioneers I don't know how they did it. Don't get me wrong I am ultra grateful to have our little red Honda it has just been super duper hot here.
So that's all for now but think of me tomorrow as I visit The Green Gables site and hopefully my husband doesn't get too bored. He is pretty sweet since he has been here before and he keeps patiently listening to me oohing and aahing over everything. There are a lot of more great pics but you will just have to wait.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad that you guys are having such a fun time.

I loved Halifax when I visited. And I had such a wonderful time visiting PEI. It really is beautiful.
You are right--Canada truly is a beautiful country.

Can't wait to see more pictures.

The FOUR M's... said...

Jealous! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time out there, and I wish I could go! I'm an Anne of Green Gables girl too, and it would be fun to visit all those places. Take lots of pictures and don't forget to post!

Kristi Drennan said...

Yeah Cow's ice cream is pretty good (that's the stuff right??) But not as creamy good as BDI that's for sure.

Sarah Shaw said...

what a fun holiday makes me want to go east!