Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Smith Family Holidays


Well time goes way too fast and we are home from our holidays already. We spent a couple of days over in P.E.I. On the way over we took a ferry ride which was fun. Abby loved running around on the deck until the big horn sounded signaling time to return to our cars she came racing back to her Dad. We stayed in Charlottetown for two nights it was so nice. The weather continued to be super hot and beautiful.
On Saturday we headed up to Cavendish and Green Gables. I loved seeing the house that the book was based on. We headed on a couple of hikes through Lover's Lane and The Haunted Wood. Although the Haunted Wood wasn't that scary at all. We went to the bookstore there and there was this cute asian girl about the same age as Abby who kept staring at us. She finally came over and started pushing Abby around in the stroller it was so cute. I bought Abby a child's version of the story and I read it to her that night. I know so cheesy but fun. In the afternoon we hit the village of Avonlea which was super duper expensive but we thought we probably won't be here again so we should just do it. We got in and it was lamo. So mad at myself. However there was a little petting zoo which Abby loved so it was really all worth it. We hit the beach after that which was so beautiful. Every single place I have been too has been so beautiful.
We hit the Charlottetown Branch for church on Sunday. I met one of my good friends sister in laws. She was so sweet and I was like I would have never guessed that you are Matt's sister and then she totally imitated Matt to the "t" which was hilarious. After church we hit the road and took a long scenic drive down the coast of PEI to the bridge. It was so beautiful once again but it took quite a long time and by the time we hit the bridge we were so hot and tired.
The bridge is really quite an amazing piece of architecture. However since the Honda sits pretty low the view on the bridge wasn't that amazing I took a pic to show it off but I won't bore you with the cm of ocean that you can visualize.
We finally arrived at the cottage which was totally awesome. It was a beautiful evening so we walked along the beach and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. They have amazing sunsets on the East Coast. Our week at the cottage was super relaxing. Abby and I hit the beach every low tide to collect shells. You would laugh at the big bag I brought home. Oh well. The weather turned from amazing the first week to gloomy and rainy most of the second week so we didn't get much beach time but Abby enjoyed the puddles, I learned to drive a stick shift, and we hit a few towns in the area. We hit the local museum which has an exhibit on a giantess Anna Swain. So funny. We cooked up some lobster well Ryan did and he did an awesome job. I was a little nervous about eating something that was moving 15 minutes earlier but I overcame that once I tasted it.
On our last weekend we headed into Truro to spend some time with Ryan's Grandparents. They took us out for some fish and chips and we played some great crib. On Sunday we had a get together with two of Ryan's aunts and their families. It was so fun to meet everyone.
Well this is way too long and I need to get off the computer but all in all we had a great holiday and are back home ready for real life again. I have to leave you with this video of our little puddle jumper. I hear it runs in the family. Aunt Beth this is for you.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow!
(wipes away a tear)
This is the proudest moment of my life... :D

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

The FOUR M's... said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you had a great time. Love your puddle jumper!

Just Rhonda said...

isn't PEI the BEST??????

Kristi Drennan said...

So glad you loved it there! I'm sad it rained for ya though...but that's the Maritime way!! I'll call ya soon! I have a borrowed phone.

Tricia said...

Looks like fun was had by all, I love the lobster pic, they look so ugly, it's hard to believe that they taste so good.

Yvonne said...

That was so fun--I'm so glad you had such a great time. I have only been to Eastern Canada a couple of times, but I think it is just beautiful.

Love the little video--perfect little Christmas gift, her own little puddle. (Unfortunately our winters would not give her a puddle ; (

Susie said...

fun vacation you guys did tons of stuff. .. what you didn't know how to drive a stick I thought thats what you did on the farm when your like 12. love her running through the puddles