Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall is in the Air



As the weather starts showing signs of what is to come Abby and I have been trying to get outside as much as possible. It often amazes me at what she can do now and how much she understands. She isn't saying much yet but she is understanding and doing things when I ask her. It is so much fun to watch her. The other day we were at the park and she was determined to climb up those rope ladders. I can say she is definitely a determined little girl and with a little help from Mom she did make it to the top. She was just beaming when she did it too. What can I say she is one smart girl!! Here is a pic of her and her friend Marie-Claude they were so cute walking around the duck pond holding hands.
Ryan headed back to school for his last semester of his undergrad. It is exciting but scary thinking that we are really going to be entering the real world soon. This semester doesn't seem so bad thus far and Abby and I get to see Daddy a bit which is so nice.
My most exciting event is our basement is finally complete. Right before our trip we got our subfloor in and then after we got home our carpet. We decided since it was empty we might as well paint it. Now we are moving everything back in and it looks great. It feels like a brand new basement. Abby and I are enjoying the extra playing area and I am enjoying having my bedroom back.
My favorite thing about being a Mom this week is Abby has learned how to give kisses and she puckers her cute little lips and gives me kisses all day. Nothing is as great as getting hugs and kisses all day. Who says motherhood isn't the greatest job ever!! We also discovered we have a little corn on the cob lover. Yesterday at Grandma and Grandpa's we gave her half a cob and she devoured it.

3 comments:

The FOUR M's... said...

So fun being a mom, eh? I love all the firsts... And I love love love the hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!!! How are Ryan and Abby? We sure do miss you Winnipegers!!!

LindsayB said...

james loves the corn on the cob too! it's so funny to watch a little baby eat corn on the cob. isn't it so fun how much they understand? now if they will do it is a whole different story!