Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grapefruit, Ponytails, and Company

Well it has been an exciting few weeks around here. Abby had her first grapefruit and loved it. I am so grateful to have a good eater on myhands it sure makes my life easier. I also put her first ponytail in. I know such a minor detail but hey it makes her look so grown up and so cute. I can't believe she is going to be two this year.
2009 so far has been full of surprises for us. First of all our transmission went on our cavalier. Since we are not quite ready to buy a new car we forked out the dough to replace it. Yikes right after Christmas. Ryan started his last course for his undergraduate and started things going in getting a real job. It is pretty exciting.
It has continued to be mighty cold and I fear my child is turning into a movie lover. Somedays I can't seem to find any creative energy and on goes the tv. Hopefully the weather will break soon.
We were super lucky this past week to have some visitors from the North country. We had our good friends the Drennan's stay with us for a few days. It was so fun to watch Abby and Isaiah play. It was also fun to have them around again.They are way too far away. We had lot's of fun playing Wii, going on a real date without the kids, and just plain hanging out. It was so much fun. Abby is constantly doing her pose with her hands which means Where is he? I keep telling her Isaiah had to go home. She misses her buddy already. Anyway it was a lot of fun and made these cold January days go by!!
Kristi kept trying to get Abby to say her name but no luck. I love this pic and know that Abby and her Mom are both so happy that their friends came to visit. We will see you again soon!!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Well I'm scared to say Abby's name in fear he may go looking for her. So glad we got to come and glad you let us stay and take over your house!
xo

Yvonne said...

So glad you had such a great visit with your friends.

Abby is growing up so fast.