Friday, January 23, 2009

So Cute

Here is one of those proud Momma moments that I had recently. Ryan has been quite sick the last two days and on Wednesday night I said to Abby we were going to go say hi to Daddy who was laying on the couch because he was sick. Well Abby runs off and comes back with her little doctor set she got for Christmas trying to make her Daddy feel better. She loves taking your blood pressure and listening to your heart and lungs. Not that I have trained her how or anything.
It has been a long week with everyone around here feeling sick and now I am getting the end of it. It always strikes me how Heavenly Father knows enough to not let me get sick until my child and husband are feeling better because I always just want to lay on the couch when I am sick and for some reason lose that level of patience that I normally have. Anyway just a small blessing.
On a side note I just read two really interesting books the last two weeks which I really loved. One is a church book called The Holy Secret by James Ferrell. Love this author so much. Everything is so realistic and applicable to me. I also read the Secret Life of Bees which I really enjoyed.
Nothing makes me feel better when I am sick than to cuddle up in a flannel blanket and read a good book.
Hopefully you are reading this and counting your blessings that the flu did not hit your house this season and if it did my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

That little Abby is such a cutie.

I enjoyed The Holy Secret. Haven't read The Secret Life of Bees.

Sorry about the flu.

Kristi Drennan said...

Isaiah got it. He didn't have a cold he more had a stomach flu...started the day we left your house so I hope he didn't pass that off. I'll have to get that book The Holy Secret. Call soon...when you feel better!

Elizabeth said...

I read te Secret Life of Bees over the summer - I loved it! :)