Friday, July 10, 2009

Patience



I figure that sometimes we are given experiences to teach us things and lately mine has been learning of patience. My adorable two year old is great at doing this lately. It seems like almost any event from putting on clothes to going to the park requires a little match of wills to see who will give in first. Today I was at the park with Abby and I met this lady who gave me some perspective. She says my granddaughter screams every time we try to get dressed I just do it and then she is none the wiser two minutes later. True enough. I tend to forget how time sensitive these little munchkins are they don't remember everything and so I am going to stop letting myself get so frustrated. Here's Abby enjoying her first smore of the year.
This frustration also stems from the lack of baby coming out. I was completely spoiled with Abby who came 10 days early all on her own. This little one is now almost a week late and I am not feeling any sort of labor starting yet. Another exercise in patience.
Lastly is any one out there interested in weeding my horrendous flower beds? Seriously every time I look out the window I get slightly depressed but it is so uncomfortable and I would rather spend the time with Abby. Oh well it is just a garden. I make myself weed the vegetable garden which is doing awesome.
Well cross your fingers that something happens this weekend and my baby decides it's ready to face the world. Here's hoping.

4 comments:

5 Walls and Counting said...

Jessica, if I would have known a week earlier you needed your flower bed weeded. . . I would have been there for ya! It would have been nice to get to see you while I was in Winnipeg but maybe there will be a next time.
Good luck with your baby, hopefully, as I'm typing you are enjoying a beautiful little babe in your arms!

Kristi Drennan said...

Woman...you need to start making phone calls. Don't be afraid to make them believe that you could snap at any moment...keep them on their toes. But for real...you're a nurse...like shouldn't you be on the IN??

LindsayB said...

get that baby out! and oh the battles if the 2 year old! i didn't weed my garden for about 3 weeks, and i don't even have the preggo excuse. i spent waaay too long getting it aaallll done yesterday, vegetables and flowers. Alli only picked on zucchini plant and james only picked one pea plant, not bad. i hope your next post has a fresh baby on it!

Yvonne said...

I read your post about doing the weeding before this one.

Love the patience advice.