Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Natalie


We are so excited to have a new baby girl in our home. She is such a gem. I am not sure why but I am enjoying the newborn stage with number 2 far more than I did with Abby. I guess it is just experience and knowing more of what to expect.
I did end up being induced since nature didn't seem to want to do it naturally. It turned out great Ryan and I watched a movie and were just hanging out for about 3 and a half hours after they started the oxytocin. Labour finally hit me at around 12:30 or 1. When they finally got around to checking me I was already 8cm and pushed her out at 0222. It was an awesome labour and delivery. Nothing is so exciting as when a beautiful baby comes out and you know that you had a small part in it. She was 8lbs 140z and 20.5 inches long. Her name is Natalie Ann Smith.
Due to the quietness of the postpartum ward I ended up staying for a couple of days. It was great since my girl was up eating all night the first two nights. Luckily for me that has settled and she is a great little sleeper for her age.
Abby was pretty excited to meet her new little sister and loves to give her kisses. When people come over she is super overprotective. Yesterday some friends came over and Abby wouldn't let them touch anything that belonged to Natalie.
Now we are all adjusting to having a new baby around the house again. So far so good on Mom's part as I guess I am used to sleep deprivation and with the 3-4 hour stretches Natalie is giving me I am feeling not too bad. Our poor little Abby is having a tough time sharing her family with Natalie. Hopefully with time it will all settle out. We have had lot's of company around and they have been spoiling her.
All in all we are a pretty happy family and we are enjoying having a new beautiful baby girl.

7 comments:

The FOUR M's... said...

So happy for you Jess! She's beautiful!

Tricia said...

Congrats she is beautiful, I bet Abby is a great helper.

Susie said...

CONGRATS! What a great family yo have. You sound like you are taking it all in stride i.e the lack of sleep. What a cute little babe

Yvonne said...

She is beautiful. So glad she has joined your wonderful family. Enjoy.

Angela said...

Congrats on your new little one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Karly said...

Congratulations, Jessica. She is so beautiful and I wish you and your family all the best!