Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whirlwind


I can't believe it is August where did July go? We had some fun times with family the last while. My parents were able to come out for a few days and we did some touristy things with them.
We headed out to Lower Fort Garry, had picnics, and just enjoyed each other's company. My sister and Mom spoiled me by picking strawberries for me and even making some into jam. I am ultra grateful because I love strawberry jam and the fresh strawberry pie I was able to make. Don't they rock?


We also had some fun times with Ryan's brother and wife who came out. We got to try flying this huge kite. Well I didn't try the first night because I was a wimp and then night two it was so windy my sister in law Beth almost got hurt bad and I wasn't too interested after that.
Natalie and Abby got spoiled by everyone and enjoyed every minute of it.

Lastly here is a picture of Abby watching the popcorn popper go. She loves it and gets so excited she is giggling every time Grandma makes popcorn. She is missing them right now as they are on their annual canoe trip. Yesterday she got on her play phone and was asking for Poppa (Grandpa) and today when I dropped off something for Aunt Beth she burst into tears because there was no Poppa or Grandma at home.
All in all we are enjoying a great summer and trying to have as much fun as we can.
Check out this pic. If only I could arrange nap times. This has only happened once or twice where they are both sleeping at the same time and boy did I enjoy that.

5 comments:

LindsayB said...

Congrats! Natalie is adorable. And suddenly Abby look so grown up. It looks like you are being so busy after the baby, but worht it when you have some extra hands around! hope everything is going well, and you are feeling good.

momma street said...

So fun! What sweet sisters for the jam and pie!! I can't believe how big Abby looks either! WOW. We love the name Natalie!!

Yvonne said...

So glad you had such a fun time with your family.

Two down at the same time--boy are you one lucky mom. I bet you did enjoy that.

Anonymous said...

That last picture was adorable!!!

Elizabeth said...

It really wasn't that bad, I feel totally fine now - you should try the kite! :)
I'm sorry I missed you when you stopped by this week. Poppa should be home tomorrow night!