Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!

I couldn't resist we finally have some lovely white stuff falling and it feels closer to Christmas. I got out the old Reader's Digest songbook tonight and played some of my favorites. It brings so many memories of home and of my family and especially my sisters sitting and singing at the piano!!!

As a tribute to my Uncle Roger who passed away today from cancer I thought I would share my favorite memory of him. I remember when he came to visit and I must have been 7/8 ish and he was trying to teach me to have power over my body by not laughing when being tickled. My brothers would constantly tickle me and he thought if I could get enough power over my mind I wouldn't laugh and then the tickling would stop. Well it never worked and I am still ticklish but we had a great afternoon trying to train our minds. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the knowledge that families can be together forever!!! He will be missed!!

1 comment:

The FOUR M's... said...

Hey Jess, Sorry to hear about your uncle. He sounds like a great guy. I'm totally in the Christmas mood too -- but then again, we've been playing Christmas songs since August! Haha! Hope all is well with you and your family. Coming this way at all for Christmas?