Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Murphy's Law


I entitled this Murphy's law because my last post was all about gratitude and being grateful for everything I have been given which I have been doing pretty good at least I thought. Anyway last week when we got the torrential rain here our little basement didn't do so hot. I was working a couple of night shifts and my poor husband tried to break it to me gently that our basement had flooded. WHAT??? Anyway not so much fun as we have had to gut the entire basement move everything from the basement to various places in my house and garage and have a continuous fan going and dehumudifier to try and dry the place out. This is not so good for my organized and neat personality. Clutter and I tend to not get along but here I am learning a lesson in patience and gratitude yet again. Patience in that it is going to be a long summer of living in the upstairs only so please please let the sun shine and gratitude because my husband is so handy and did a lot of work on his own. We have had so much help from our inlaws and the Barfuss's what we would do without them? On Sunday night we discovered more leakage in our spare room and our amazing hometeachers came over for a couple of hours and helped clear the room out. Total testimony to me of what the gospel is really about. My nephew Ben saved me on Friday night by coming over and watching Abby while Ryan did some demo work and then again on Sunday those Barfuss kids saved us again. So grateful to have such awesome neices and nephews so close. Abby has not been herself the last couple of days maybe she doesn't like caous (not sure how to spell that) either??
On a fun note a couple of weeks ago we took Abby out on her first canoe trip. It was so much fun and she loved it for the first half hour or so. We canoed out to where Ryan proposed to me AHH!! Okay we are kind of sappy but it was fun nonetheless. Theses are all pics of her in Grandma and Grandpa's canoe because we obviously couldn't take pics of ourselves.

Joelle and Nicole took such good care of Abby on Sunday and gave her her first pedicure. It was so cute and Abby was definitely having a riot.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh, jess, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with that. It's wonderful that you are able to find the positive in the whole experience.

It's wonderful to have people around to help.

How fun to take Abby out in the canoe--I bet she loved it.

Love the pictures of Abby getting her first pedicure. I bet Nicole and Joelle had a ball with her.

The FOUR M's... said...

Sorry to hear about your flooding -- I'm on stress alert right now, hoping that the crazy rain we're currently getting is not going to sneak into our basement! Hope everything gets better for you! Love ya!

T. Lopez said...

Yikes!! Floods are the worstest ever=( Sorry you had to deal with that! Love Abby's pedi pictures! What girl doesn't love a little pampering every now & then?? Too cute she is! Hope everything is going better today...

joelle said...

oh jesss
i love you

R Smith said...

It's spelled chaos dear ;)

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh friend. I'm feeling for you here. Come down here anytime...I'll set up a spot for Abby to nap and we can go for walks and to the park. Or I can come and we'll go out somewhere.

Susie said...

family is so great to help out and to spoil your little girl.

Just Rhonda said...

totally crappy about the basement!!!!