Sunday, June 29, 2008

Off to Camp

Well tomorrow I leave for girls camp to be the camp nurse. Last year I had a really great time at girls camp except for the fact that I had a two month old and we were still getting to know each other. Luckily we survived.I am sure it will be an adventure but it will be the first time I leave Abby for any length of time. Tonight she didn't want to go to bed so great and it made me slightly sad to leave her for five days but I am sure we will both survive.
Since I don't have a computer at my leisure anymore it is currently sitting on our bedroom floor patiently waiting for something to happen with our basement. I haven't had much time to do blogging but Ryan is done his summer school now so I have the laptop again.
Abby is doing great. Today she tried to run at church and it didn't go well face plant on the floor lot's of crying after that one. She has turned into a bruiser child. It is pretty crazy how fast she can go now. Parenthood definitely gets more amazing as the months go by.
Just for a little update my garden is doing awesome. My lettuce is growing fabulously and I am pretty sure I will have my own garden salad this summer. YEAH!!!


Here we are in our summer eyewear. Isn't it great to have sunny days where you need a hat and sunglasses?

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Have a great time at camp. Abby will be so happy to have you home at the end, but really how spoiled will she be well your gone. Lucky girl to have such a loving set of grandparents to keep a close eye on her. Plus her daddy of course. But have fun camp will make you love and treasure Abby even more.

Elle said...

Yeah, ditto to what Tricia said. Try not to get devoured by mosquitoes!

Kristi Drennan said...

oh I love that picture of you two!

Yvonne said...

I hope you had a great time at Camp. The girls are so lucky to have you. Like already said, try to stay away from the mosquitoes ; )

I'm sure Abby will miss you, and she will be so excited to see you when you get home. Love the picture.

Glad to hear the lettuce is doing well.