Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflection

Well time sure flies when you are having fun! The last week at the Barfuss house has been pretty amazing. I have pretty awesome family here. I do have to say I figured out the dog walking business. I got a sled for Abby and then I never let go of the leash so instead of a running walk we just go for a walk. It is so much more fun for everyone involved.
I am pretty exhausted overall with sleeping in a different bed, Abby waking up because she is not sleeping in her regular bed, and a dog waking me up at night. Can we all say I am not getting a dog anytime soon after this experience. I was kind of feeling overwhelmed the other day since I just wasn't keeping up with all the craziness of teenage business, entertaining a toddler, and trying to keep a house clean. It made me realize how grateful I am for the concept of precept upon precept and although being a parent to four kids this week has been slightly overwhelming I only have one right now and I will only get one at a time so it won't be so totally overwhelming hopefully.
Now I have to brag about how great my neices and nephew have been. Ben is so willing to help out and play with Abby so I can try to catch up and take a short nap. So totally appreciated. Joelle and I got to have a girls night and eat sushi and watch a chick flick. So awesome and so sad that she is leaving me next year but so excited for her to start a new life. Nicole was so awesome yesterday I was feeling like such a bad surrogate Mom because the house was a disaster and she totally started cleaning up and helping out. They are all amazing kids and I am so glad for this experience and that we have built some fun memories. I am also glad for my sister and brother in law. They are pretty amazing and do so much for everyone around them. When she called this morning it sounds like they have had an amazing relaxing trip and I am so glad that they were able to go.
All in all I have a lot of things to be grateful and and I am so glad that I am able to have these learning experiences and hopefully learn from them so that someday I will be that better person I am striving to be.
The other perk about this week is I have become a pro at the Wii bowling and I am slightly addicted. It is so much fun. Ryan is so excited that I of all people am into video games. HE HE!!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I agree about the line upon line, precept upon precept.

I also agree--those Barfuss kids are pretty great!

Susie said...

oh so fun! It's all about training the kids right? less cleaning and cooking for you and more Wi. You guys are lucky to have each other.

Just Rhonda said...

How fun!!!! (And lots of work!)