Sunday, November 2, 2008

Growing Up


It seems like time just rushes by here at the Smith house. This week was pretty big. Abby is now 18 months old. She went to her first birthday party and trick or treating. Crazy!!!
My cousin did this on her blog and I thought it was so cute. Here are some things about Abby at eighteen months old:
1. She loves being outside. Makes me kind of nervous for the winter weather. I just have to find a really warm snowsuit.
2. Loves animals but mostly dogs. We submitted this week and got a few fish. A far cry from a dog but she loves feeding it every morning with Mom.
3. Loves books. Since she was a week old I have been reading to her all the time and now I love it when I tell her to go get something to play with she runs and gets a book!!
4. Has turned into a fearless toddler on the playground. Slightly scary for Mom but so glad she is independent and wanting to explore.
5. Is content with a tupperware container full of whatever so she can dump them out and put them back in. Who needs Fisher Price?
6. Is attached to "Puffy". We have Aunt Beth to thank for this but lately she has taken to carrying her little stuffed penguin everywhere. So cute.
7. She is still pretty quiet. Not saying too many words yet but we all know what she wants when she wants it. Her favorite word to say is Grandpa I wonder if he has been coaching her??
8. Has the best healthy appetite. She loves her fruit and vegetables. I hope this doesn't change. She is happy if I give her an apple to munch on. It's awesome.
9. She is so easy going and goes to nursery at church each Sunday with no problem. Slightly hard on Mom where is my little girl? So independent.
10. She is totally spoiled by her Grandma and Grandpa here in Winnipeg and she totally loves them and going over to their house. It is awesome that we have such great family so close.
Just a sneak peek at my adorable girl. I think she is pretty awesome.
For Halloween we dressed her up as Little Red Riding Hood. We went to three whole houses. I know hold me back. We hit Aunt Vicki's, Grandma's, and our neighbor. It was fun. Honestly she had way more fun after watching all the kids come to the door. Good for everyone since we didn't obtain too much candy and Abby didn't even know what she was missing.
On Tuesday she went to her first birthday party. It was her friends second birthday. It was so weird to drop her off and pick her up three hours later. She is growing up way too fast. Time needs to slow down. Oh and for the record I gave up and just bought a new planner!!!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

How cute is this little red riding hood and her basket of yummy treats!!

momma street said...

Oh! What a big girl! I love all the things about her. You will love that you did that - because even though you think you will remember every single moment - you don't (Atleast I don't - boo hoo!!!)

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh I love that costume! It totally turned out so cute!! I miss that kid. So does Isaiah...he needs his little girlfriend!

Yvonne said...

What a great post. Love all the pictures. She is going to love reading this when she gets older. (It must be so fun to have family so close by. I'm sure her Grandparents love spending time with her (and you and her dad, too ; )

Sorry about the planner.

Elizabeth said...

She is growing so fast! I'm excited to see her at Christmastime and get to know her! And I'll buy her books. Lots of books. :)