Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hot Weather

Here is my proud two year old on the day of her swimming graduation. She successfully passed the sea turtle level. It wasn't really that intense but she made awesome progress in ten weeks and now loves being in the water.


Well I have to say that it has turned into summer here with temperatures in the high 20's which is fantastic as my garden has been growing like crazy. I love seeing all the little green guys popping out of the dirt. I have learned however that being 8months pregnant in the heat is not so much fun. I have definitely enjoyed an increase in energy the last week or so which is awesome.
Last night we got out the bassinet and rearranged the bedroom to accommodate a new baby again. I am really starting to get excited to see and meet our new little one.
I have been enjoying being off work I ended up getting a doctor's note seeing as how I was really feeling exhausted and our unit was full of patients with H1N1 which I don't really wish to be around so it was a blessing in disguise.
I have been enjoying just being at home with Abby. She has grown up so much and is such a sweet girl. The last few days she has been coming up to my belly and saying "baby out". Despite her sweetness she is sure trying us in the sleeping area. I guess it is just prep work for what's to come. She is not enjoying going to bed these days but I am hoping it is just a phase. She loves going for walks and thinks dandelions are the prettiest flowers and is always asking to pick them.
Other than that we are looking forward to celebrating Father's Day this weekend with Ryan's family. I feel totally lucky to have such a great husband and for Abby to have such a great Dad!!! He is awesome and puts up with a lot from his pregnant wife. One skill Grandpa and Dad have been teaching Abby is how to play basketball or just get the ball in the net.Abby loves it when they lower the net and she can just throw the ball in.
Well I am off to turn up the air conditioning and I hope you are all enjoying some nice summer weather.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Love the "baby out" comment. I'm sure there are days you say the same thing.

It really has been hot hasn't it. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Glad you are done with work and can relax a little before the baby comes.