Sunday, September 27, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter




I am grateful that Abby has picked up on one of my loves and that is reading. I love to read and although I don't have as much time these days to sit down and read we love going to the library together and just looking at all the books.


Last week we went to the downtown library with Abby's friend Kennedy and we had a great time. I love the downtown library there is such a large selection of books to choose from. I think it almost overwhelmed Abby.
The other day when Daddy came home from work Abby dragged him outside on the front lawn with a few of her favorites and I caught this pic of them. So cute. Her two current favorites are "When Pigs Fly" by Valerie Coulman and "Grumpy Bird" by Jeremy Tankard.
The Grumpy Bird is great for two year olds I always pull it out when she is having a moment and by the end of the book she is laughing. It is like magic.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love it. Enjoy each moment, Jess.

carolyne b said...

my kids loved reading to and when they came out to visit we always went to the libary on pemvbina hwy and then over to the pool to swim. I hope by kids had a great time when they were here. Lane loves to read stories at bedtime and can sometimes use this as an excuse to stay up just a bit later:-)

Tricia said...

Super cute of daughter and her daddy