Monday, September 28, 2009

Canada's Best Handymen


So this spring our kitchen window started bubbling and leaking with every rainfall. Not so good. We ended up ordering four new windows and my amazing husband and father in law started the work this weekend. It started by ripping out the kitchen window. I don't know if this picture does it justice it was pretty much dust down to the floor. Yikes!!!
Good thing we had Poppa here to help Ryan it was a long day and a lot of work for both of them.
Here is Poppa posing by his job. He ripped out pretty much the whole wall. I was kind of getting nervous by this point hoping the other three windows weren't so dramatic.
Now my job was to take care of the kids and keep them out of the way. Pretty hard when Abby adores Poppa and was so excited he was here. I did get her to the park for an hour or so and we read a few books but eventually she just sat on her bed coloring watching Daddy and Poppa do all the work. By the end of the day she was ready to join in on all the action and got out all her construction gear. Pretty cute she was breaking up the styrofoam from my new crockpot I bought.

By the end of the day we had three beautiful windows in place. The kitchen is going to take a lot more work so that is happening this week. I am so grateful to have such talented men in my life.

To top it all off at the end of the day I headed out to the Relief Society Broadcast which was totally amazing. My favorite talk was about minding the gap. Some awesome advice for us women who tend not to see the potential in ourselves. Now little Natalie was a gem all day with the hammering, sawing, and overall confusion she did amazing. I am so grateful for such a wonderful family.
How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Jess,
that window was pretty scary!! I am so glad that you will have it done by winter!!
Good thing that Ryan is talented and his Dad is around to help.
I loved that talk too, I think that it was my favorite one. It is really funny to go to the broadcast with your daughter!! Makes me feel good and old at the same time. Thanks for the blog. We love it.

The FOUR M's... said...

I love projects! Even better when you can get them handled without having to hire someone! My weekend was about the same as the past month -- more projects, cleaning, yardwork, etc... Today I pulled 4 doors off the hinges and started painting them... guess I might as well be doing something while waiting for this baby! :o) Talk to you soon!

Yvonne said...

How great to have such handymen around ; ) I love that Abby loves her Poppa so much.

I loved the broadcast.

Anonymous said...

You are SO lucky to have handy men in your life. Let me tell you that would have cost us a small fourtune.