Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Summer in September

It is amazing how great the weather has been since school started. Since no one in our house is in school this year it has been great fun to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Of course we hit the zoo. Grandma came along and spoiled Abby by letting her ride the horse. She was so excited and not scared a little bit. In fact the lady behind us reminded us that kids under 5 must be accompanied by an adult. OOPS! Grandma and I were so shocked at how much she loved being on the horse we forgot she isn't a pro yet.

We got started on a summer project tearing down our fence. While it really wasn't that much work since it was practically falling over. Well actually I wouldn't really know since Ryan tore it all down I just took a picture!! We are excited to have a fenced in back yard again hopefully soon.
We headed out on the LaSalle River for our annual canoe ride. I say annual since we only got out once this year and once last year. Abby had a great time and only lost her baby paddle once. It was super fun to relive the spot where we got engaged. Actually neither Ryan or I could remember the actual spot but hey we were on the right river and all the trees looked the same to me.
I love this shot of my two girls. It looks like Natalie is smiling at her sister as they share some story. Hopefully there will be many more shots of these two getting along this great in the future.
Lately Abby has started playing house and nursery. It is absolutely adorable. She puts all the stuffed animals on the bed and pretends to teach them. I love it. I remember doing it with my cousin as a kid and we had a whole primary of stuffed animals. It is so fun to watch and amazing how much she knows and catches on. We laugh at her silly antics and are like who does or says that since she pretty much mimics everything she sees.
Natalie is already two months old tomorrow crazy!!! She is such a cute kid and pretty easygoing. She loves her car seat. No matter if she just woke up from a nap she will fall asleep in that thing. Since she sleeps so good at night I have never had to use the car seat for that purpose but it is always good to know.
Today we headed out to the Farmer's Market/Spray Pad in St. Norbert. It was so much fun. Aunt Beth was so great and got soaking wet. Abby didn't want to leave until I said treat. We bought some popcorn at the market and she was so thrilled to have a "baby size" bag. That is her new saying for anything small it is baby size!
Well we feel all grown up today as Ryan called from work to tell me he has to go to Montreal for a few days for work. It seems crazy that he has a job and he gets to travel. We are so blessed.
We are on the countdown for our holidays in October. We are heading out to the beautiful mountains of Alberta, treeline farm, Cardston Temple, Calgary Zoo, and lot's of other fun stuff. Can you tell how super excited I am??? I haven't been outside this province in over a year!! YIKES!!!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a fun post--looks like you guys are having so much fun.

I love the shot of Abby and Natalie--you are right, it really does look like she is smiling at her big sister. It will be so fun to watch them grow up.

Glad all is going well with Ryan's job.

Kristi Drennan said...

I love that little Abby! And Natalie...holy cow she's getting big already! Of course that sorta happens and stuff. Let's make a plan to chat and catch up!

Tricia said...

She is just a doll well both are, it will be nice to have a holiday hope the weather is still beautiful out here for you.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that the weather is great in Winnipeg too. I am so sad that I can't truly enjoy it this year. I love the picture of Abby on the horse!