Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Since we are going to be gone for Thanksgiving and I won't have internet access for a week I thought I would write a little note about my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong I am uber excited to be away from technology for awhile. Won't it be nice just to walk to the river or over to snake hill or just listen to the silence or look at the stars without glaring city lights. SOOO excited!!!
I love Thanksgiving because it is usually beautiful outside with the different colored leaves. I love walking along crunching the colorful leaves. I love the crispness in the air. I am so excited to be at the farm for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to show Abby all the fun things to do there.
I am so grateful for so many things in my life. Of course I am grateful for my family this is where our new kitchen window was put in last weekend. Ryan calls it our redneck pictures.I have two wonderful sets of parents who are super supportive and helpful. I have brothers and sisters whom I look up to and though we live far apart I still feel their support and love usually through the lovely genius of the internet.
I have two amazing daughters who teach me something everyday and who love me unconditionally. That is amazing to me as I am still learning the motherhood ropes and often do things that aren't the best.
I have the gospel and know the plan of salvation which gives the faith and perspective to go on each day. I have wonderful friends who love and support me. I am also grateful for the many talents I have been blessed with. I am super excited to go home and play on the piano at my parent's house. I love going back to the piano where I first learned where middle c was. It has some sort of special place for me.
I know I have tons of blessings that I am grateful for and if I had more time I would list everyone but don't have that much time.
I just wanted to end by telling you how grateful I am for this guy. I can't believe I have only known him for just over 4 years and how he is such a part of my life that I can't remember what it was like before. He gives me the motivation to be the best I can be and is always supportive and encouraging. He is pretty much amazing and I am so glad that we are going to be together forever. It is his birthday today and I just wanted to tell everyone out there in cyberworld how amazing he is. We had his birthday celebration yesterday Abby was pretty excited to make her yellow cupcakes for Daddy. Happy Birthday Ryan we love you!!!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Umm Natalie and Abby totally are starting to look alike to me! And can I just say that Isaiah can still say Abby's name. He la la LOVES her! Happy Birthday Ryan! Have a fun trip!

Just Rhonda said...

aaawww!!! Wonderful post! Good that you are coming home to see your mom and dad for thanksgiving!!! Enjoy it!

Yvonne said...

Such a great post, jess. Your little ones are adorable.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to Ryan.

momma street said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! And the girls are too cute!!! We are going to steal one of their names - we LOVE abigail and natalie both they are the top of our list. And if our daughter can be as cute as yours, we'll be happy!