Thursday, October 22, 2009

Holiday Favorites-Picture Overload

Here are some fun pics from our wonderful holiday. It was so great to be back home at the farm and visiting family in Calgary.

1. Road Trip- My kids are the best travelers. They did great both ways. I love how Abby is in her mimic stage and follows whatever we do. Natalie pretty much slept/ate the whole way. Despite the horrible icy roads it was a fun ride out.
2. The Farm- It was so great to be back at home. Walking to the creek to throw rocks in. Riding the quad. Going to the river. It is more like a stream in this picture with Grandpa. It is amazing how much it has changed.
More farm pics. Abby loved cooking with Grandma and just helping her out in the kitchen. Abby went for a horse ride with her Dad. I have to admit even though I grew up on a farm I don't love riding horses. I left that up to Daddy. Here's a pic of Natalie who has recently discovered her thumb and isn't giving it up easily. Uh Oh.

3. Family- My sister and my niece came for Thanksgiving. It was so great to see both of them and spend some quality time with them
Well after all of these adventures and believe me there was more. A visit to the ER for my Dad, dehorning the cows for Ryan and other great farm adventures. We headed off to Calgary despite tears from Abby "No leave Grandma" She wanted to stay at the farm.

4. Calgary- In Calgary we visited Ryan's brother and his wife. We had a great time eating Mexican food, going to the zoo, and walking in the park. Abby loved playing Rock band and especially going on the teetertotter.
By far my favorite part was going to the Cardston Temple. I love that building and everything about it. I am so grateful to have the gospel as part of my family and life.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Such a fun post--so glad you had such a wonderful time. It was fun seeing your niece (tell her she looks FABULOUS)

Lunicrax said...

wow! awesome pictures Jess! Looks so wonderful! I love the photo of you in front of the temple.

momma street said...

What was that white stuff on the ground?? It looks vaguely familiar, but I can't remember what it is called!! HA HA - we don't see any of that here, that's for sure. I love the temple picture too! Your family is great!!!

The FOUR M's... said...

Loved the pics! It looks like you had a fabulous time -- I'm sure we'll find a day to play together someday! :o) Talk to you soon!

carolyne b said...

wow when joelle was standing next to your sister, I could see the family resemblance. And boy did you have some snow to contend with.