Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spring is Here




Well it has been a while since I wrote a post and it seems like a lot has happened. It finally feels like spring and I have finally got all my flower beds weeded and my garden planted. Yeah!!! I like to pretend I have a green thumb. There is something so exciting in planting seeds and watching them grow. Some sort of therapy for me I guess. My amazing husband even built a fence to protect it from the killer bunnies in my neighborhood. I planted lettuce this year and last time I attempted this vegetable they ate it all in fact no leaf of lettuce landed on my plate. So hopefully I will have a salad from my own garden later this summer. Here's a pic of the fence so far it even keeps Abby out we will see how long that lasts.
Abby has taken off this week. She has been taking steps for awhile but has just caught on to the actual movement of walking. It is really fun to watch her go.
We made it to the playground last week and it was so fun. It is so much fun to have family time. It makes me very excited for when Ryan is done school. Everyone keeps telling me that he won't be any less busy but I am excited nonetheless.





Today as I was weeding the flower beds Abby discovered dirt. She was playing in it and attempted a few mouthfuls which I luckily caught. I love that she loves the outdoors it is awesome. She loves walking around pushing the stroller or her little walker today she found a new love and that is the lawn mower she wanted to mow the lawn with her Daddy so we gave her a minute of fun.

Other than my beautiful daughter and her little antics not too much else going on. Ryan just wrote his midterm for his course which will end in June yeah!!! I have done a few more shifts at work. I learned a good lesson the other day that I am not a superhuman. I attempted to work a night shift and then come home and be a Mom all day. It didn't go so well. For those who know me well you know I am not that great when tired so lesson learned and childcare will now be found. It feels like nothing has changed at work but every shift I come home and am so grateful to be healthy and have a healthy husband and daughter. It is a great lesson. On a very excited note I have been biking to work it is a little less than 10km each way. It feels so good and I never thought I would be able to do it so here's a thanks to my hubby for encouraging me. You are the best!
As for my stress this Saturday is Stake Conference and I am doing an hour long leadership on primary music. This always stresses me out because I never feel like I know enough to be teaching at least this time I have actually had the calling. Last time I did this exact thing I had never taught kids and I didn't have any kids of my own. So if you are thinking about me on Saturday say a little prayer for me.
I forgot this is what Abby loves most at the park. So cute.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad Spring has finally come. I hope the fence does the trick and you get to have some vegetables this year.

What do you mean you are not a supermom--I think Ryan and Abby would feel differently.

I'm sure you will do an awesome job in your presentation.

Tricia said...

At first when I saw the picture I thought you had bought a rabbit, way funny to realize it is to keep them out. How cute is your daughter, I love how they are in the age of discovery.

Kristi Drennan said...

Whoa whoa whoa woman! Holy Moses! What the sam heck were you thinking being up all night and Mom all day??? What? I go away for a couple of weeks and you go nutso??? Nuff of that friend...nuff of that! I tried to call you tonight. Work is really getting in the way of my calling schedule. Do you think you could like I dunno....get a cell and I could just call you while you work. I mean there can't be THAT much going on at the hospital. Just kidding...obviously I'm not a complete jerk.