Friday, May 2, 2008

A Week of Firsts






Well it has been a pretty exciting week here at the Smith house. First of all Abby turned one. Can you believe it? Like where did the last 365 days go? It took me back and I was thinking about a year ago how I just had her and was like totally how am I going to be a Mom and oh yeah it is a year later and I still wonder that from time to time but I am so grateful to have my little pumpkin.Her birthday party was a lot of fun. We had some family over and made yummy homemade pizza.

Thanks to our wonderful family we can now play at the beach in a swimming suit with some cute toys and go canoeing safely. She also got an adorable outfit from her Aunt Leslye. No picture of that because it is too big still.
I let Abby have angel food cake and she literally put the whole piece into her mouth. I have been a pretty typical first time Mom not letting her have much sweets so she dug right in to the angel food cake. She wasn't too interested in blowing out the candle just kind of stared it down.

Lastly I went back to work part time. I had my first shift on Thursday and wouldn't you believe it I walked in to get my patient assignment and they had given me a student. Oh boy. I felt sorry for the poor girl but she was really great and helpful to me. It felt like I haven't left and the same sad stories and sicknesses are still out there happening. We had a 18 year old die of cystic fibrosis.It sure hits home now that I have a baby at home. It makes you truly grateful for a healthy baby. Plus it gives me incentive to be as healthy as possible.
I just noticed as I looked at the pics that her Daddy isn't in any of them. Don't worry he was at the birthday party just being the camera man. I am sure Grandpa got a few of Dad.
By the way my flowers in the backyard are blooming can I really say that it is spring? Finally!!!!!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the pictures--I can't believe she is 1 already. (Of course, I know she was born around the same time as my little garrett ; )

You are such a good mom. Enjoy each and every day with her.

Elizabeth said...

Love the pictures! I belted out a stirring rendition of "Happy Birthday" for Abby while I was driving through Oregon. I can't believe how fast she is growing! Glad to hear all is well.

LindsayB said...

Happy Birthday Abby!

Good luck with work. It really is hard to leave them, even if it's with the best of babysitters.

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh Abby friend I could just kiss ya you're so cute! You grew so fast!! Happy (late) Birthday!