Monday, April 21, 2008

First Steps

Well it has been a pretty exciting week at the Smith house! Last week Abby took her first two steps. It has been really fun watching her learn she isn't running anywhere yet but she will occasionally take a few steps.
We were able to go for our first family bike ride. It was so much fun enjoyed by all well Abby wasn't too keen on the helmut and cried pretty much the whole time but hopefully she will get used to it.
I also dusted off my homemaking skills and made some curtains. For those of you who are talented at sewing they aren't that exciting but I was pretty excited to finally have some curtains in the kitchen and they are so bright and cheerful. They make my small kitchen just a little more bright.
The weather has finally turned into spring and we got the yard all raked last weekend. However Abby does not like the grass. She curls up her toes and feet whenever she gets near to touching it. Grandpa took some really cute pics that I don't have yet. Yesterday after church we found a small solution consisting of a big jean blanket. It is like a big crib. She will not touch the grass and pretty much stays on the blanket.
Today I got my hair cut and colored. What do you think? I am excited for the change and the gray hairs that were poking through are no longer visible so thanks Aunt Vicki. Don't mind the pic I was taking it by myself. Down below Abby is wearing her Cuba shirt courtesy of the Barfuss family!! Check out all those teeth and lucky for me she is cutting a couple more this week. Yeah for sleepless nights and no routine!
Lastly I was tagged by my friend Yvonne. The challenge is to write a five word meme about yourself and maybe some pics and then tag someone else.
Here is what I came up with:

Loved, Lived, Testified, Endured, and Exemplified

So maybe I am not a writer but that is a meme that I hope to live up to in my life. Thanks for the challenge Yvonne. I won't tag anyone but if you are interested it is kind of fun.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Abby is walking already--can't be!!!

The picture of Abby with her little helmet is so cute.

Love the curtains. They are very bright and cheery.

Isn't it funny how some kids just can't stand the grass on their feet ; )

Doesn't it feel great to get your hair cut and colored?!? Looks good.

I think your 6 word memoir is FABULOUS. It says so much.

Kristi Drennan said...

Well I just love all the stuff on this post. Love the curtains! Love the hair...smokin hot mom! Love Abby in her helmet even if she doesn't love it. Love that she's taking more and more steps. Love that she doesn't like grass...I just think that's funny!

LindsayB said...

isn't it so fun when they start walking? i love the little zombie walk in the beginning. cute material and nice sewing job!