Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tired

Well it has been a long week and I am pretty much exhausted but oh well life seems to keep rolling along. This week at work I got put back in charge. I wasn't too excited about that since I feel like I am still trying to retrieve some lost brain cells from pregnancy. I felt totally scared that the decisions made over 12 very sick patients rests in my hands. On the other hand I guess it is a compliment that they think I am such a good nurse and can handle it. Maybe I should just start being a slacker you get less responsibility that way. As for being tired I did two shifts in a row this week which just about killed me. It is so funny because before I had Abby I did three sometimes four and seemed to manage. Am I getting old or motherhood plus work is way too much. Oh well it will only be for a while so I just need to buckle down and do it.
Last weekend was Stake Conference. Leadership went amazingly well. It was awesome. The broadcast was really great and since we didn't get the picture in our Stake Center due to some technical difficulties it really made me appreciate technology. The poor leaders of the Stake were trying so hard to get it to work. I think it turned out great because you really had to focus with nothing to look at.
On an exciting note my garden is already coming up and it is so fun to watch green things popping out of the ground. Yesterday Abby and Ryan went to the greenhouse while I was sleeping and picked up some plants for the yard so now I got those planted. I love this season. It is so beautiful everything is so green and the bugs are at a minimum now this rain can stop anytime so I can go outside and play. Here is a cool pic Ryan got of the ferns coming up.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a great picture! (You are so great to plant--following the counsel of our leaders)

I'm sure you get a lot more tired than you did before you had Abby. It does make a difference, doesn't it.

Sarah Shaw said...

that is a cool pic! I got it off easy this year in terms of a garden... my mom in law planted a huge one she said that her garden can be mine because it's just her and my little SIL to eat it. All I have to do is help weed. I am going to miss not having it close by to watch it bloom. kudos to you to even start working!

Meg said...

I find I am more tired too. Life is more complicated than it used to be. I hope the summer will recharge our batteries!