Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well it is almost Thanksgiving one of my favorite holidays. Gratitude is truly such an amazing quality that I hope to master someday but as for now it is a continuing goal to attain. Love this scripture about gratitude D&C 78:19 "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him even and hundredfold,yea more."
Isn't that amazing?
Anyway I am pretty grateful for these two people in my life. Ryan is an amazing husband who listens to all my little stresses and concerns and then helps me be unstressed. He is awesome. By the way he just had his birthday the big 27!!!! It was a fun event and I even bought him a pellet gun. His wish. Abby who is so much fun and always makes me smile even when I have to work a night shift and she refuses to nap she can still get a grin out of me!!
My parents on both sides. My Mom who is also having a birthday this weekend is amazing and has really taught me how to be. My Dad who has always taught me to work hard and be satisfied with your work.
Ryan's parents who have done so much for us. I feel completely spoiled by them often. In fact tonight Abby is having a sleepover so I can work my night shift and Ryan can get his exam done. I don't know how we will ever repay our parents so I will just keep trying to be a good person and hope that's enough.
I am grateful for a free country and having the gospel in my life. I am also grateful for great friends. In August my good friend left me for the north and I have really missed having such a great person to just chat with. On that note I am so grateful for technology and the ability to communicate with people no matter where they live.
Well I could go on and on I will spare you. However please take the time this weekend to tell someone how grateful you are for them because as I see every shift at work you never know what Heavenly Father has in store for you so be GRATEFUL now!

2 comments:

The FOUR M's... said...

I'm grateful for YOU! You're amazing, and I'm glad that I know you. :o) Happy Thanksgiving!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful post.

You are a wonderful person. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. (Love the picture of Ryan and Abby ; )