Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Here comes 2010


 We had such a wonderful Christmas season and New Year's with family and friends. I sort of took a vacation from the computer.
Before Christmas we hit the train over by Assiniboine Park on a crisp winter night. When we arrived the line was quite long and it seemed to take forever but Abby loves trains and was pretty much in heaven the whole time. Well worth the wait.

We hit Tim Horton's after for my favorite Hazelnut Smoothie and a timbit. Abby was pretty much in heaven.


Christmas was totally awesome. Having a two year old around sure makes it fun. We were able to spend Christmas Eve and my sister's house we ate a ton of food and acted out the nativity. I love this tradition. Abby was the shepheard  and Natalie was baby Jesus. They were both totally adorable.
Christmas morning was pretty low key seeing as how lately my kids have taken to sleeping in?? I don't know why but hey I am enjoying it. I got up to make yummy cinnamon buns and orange julius and the blender woke up the girls. Abby got her doll from Santa and Grandma Smith sent her matching pj's for her doll. She was pretty happy. Natalie was pretty happy and got totally spoiled for being so little.
All in all we had a great time visiting with Uncles, Aunts, Grandma's and Grandpa's.
Ryan and I got  YMCA membership from my brother and it is awesome. I love going and getting some exercise out of my house. Somehow it is easier.
I love setting goals and this time of year always makes me happy and almost giddy as I write down things I want to improve about myself. I will share one with you all out in the blogging world. As a mother and woman I am determined to stop comparing myself/children to anyone else's. We are all individuals and it really is not important.
It sounds easy on paper but somehow for me it is big so that is something I am going to work on. I hope you have all set some awesome resolutions and good luck achieving them.

3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

fun Christmas times! and amen to that goal you set!

Yvonne said...

Great goal--you are very wise.

Loved all the Christmas pics--so fun. We love the train, it's always on our list of things to do, no matter how cold it is.

JulieandGary Smith said...

Jessica, so glad you have a blog! how did I not know about this sooner?! I'm proud of your new years resolution, so important and so easy for us to slip into! Mine were:
1. Get seminary lesson ready during the day instead of night time/lazy time.
2. Yell less.. sorry kids!
3. Clean my house on a schedule instead of randomly freaking out and going crazy for a day... then being lazy for 10.

Your girls are super cute, I think I want to live in Manitoba, is there room for us?