Friday, February 15, 2008

My Story



I hinted at this in a comment on my friend Yvonne's blog and so I thought it would be kind of fun to tell my story of what brought me to lovely Winterpeg!!!
Seems like so long ago that I graduated high school moved to Edmonton and got my nursing degree at the University of Alberta. I worked for a few years and really loved my job but felt stagnant in my growth as a person and felt there was no one for me there. My loving matchmaker sister kept luring me to Winnipeg to go on dates with eligible young men. So about five years ago now I came out went out with a guy and we ended up hooking up for a while which got me to the point of thinking maybe I could move here. Of course my story is not a fairytale so when I came in the fall of 2003I found a great job and felt like I needed to break up with the guy. HMMM Dilemma!!
Well the Wellington ward found me at my sister's and for some reason needed a piano player for a baptism. How crazy I know a visiting girl from Edmonton playing at a baptism. While I was at the baptism the bishop of the ward Bishop Robison spoke about how the people in this room were meant to be here in Winnipeg at this time for a reason and that we needed to have faith and just do it. YIKES!!! One of those experiences where the spirit hits you like a ton of bricks. I came home with the firm decision to move to Winnipeg where my ex boyfriend lived but I knew that it was where the Lord wanted me to be.
Amazingly four years later I bought a house, found an amazing husband, and have an adorable daughter.
So thanks to my special Bishop Robison for being in tune and showing me the way and thanks to everyone who has made Winnipeg into my home. I wouldn't complain however if every once in a while we had a hint of an Alberta chinook????

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great story, Jess. I had not heard it. Sure glad you agreed to play for that baptism ; ) It has been so fun to get to know you, and I'm so happy you started blogging.

By the way, there's an award for you at my blog.

Kristi Drennan said...

Now...I think I'm putting some puzzle pieces together I think...I'll have to chat about this with you later ha ha ha! I like the blog make over!

Tricia said...

I love it, you never know what is instore for us. What we have planned for us is not always what the Lord has instore for us. We always have curves and bend in the road. Glad you shared it with us.