Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sick!

Well we have been pretty lucky in all of Abby's nine months she has never gotten sick and has been a really healthy baby but last night and today she developed some serious congestion, runny nose, and fever. Nothing prepares you for having a child sick and feeling completely helpless in being able to help. I think being an ICU nurse all I can picture in my head is the worst case scenario and kind of freak out when she is sick. My patient and loving husband just smiles at me as I vocalize these scenarios. Anyway since we had to miss church I was reading a talk by Elder Russell M. Nelson about families and it perfectly fit into my frame of mind as he talked about protecting our family from the sicknesses of the world.
I am so grateful to have the gospel and to be a Mom and wife to these amazing people. Anyway we will keep our fingers crossed, the humidifier running, and hopefully the runny nose, congestion, and fever will vanish!!!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm sorry Abby is sick. We mothers always feel so helpless when our babies (or even our older kids) are sick. I hope she feels better soon.

Kristi Drennan said...

you are for sure super Mom! take care of you too!

Just Rhonda said...

Hope Abby gets better. My kids rarely get sick too so it really SUCKS when they do!