Saturday, February 13, 2010

Joelle/Nicole/Ben

So we are pretty spoiled and get to live close to my two neices and nephew here in Winnipeg. Joelle, Nicole, and Ben.

This is a pic the night before Joelle left to go to University in Lethbridge. I think my most favorite memory of Jo and Nic is from back in the day when I was single. I used to come and visit from Edmonton. I was the cool Auntie back then because I could afford to buy them treats and spent all my spare time with them when I was here. We would have little sleepovers. One in particular we were in Nikki's room and we were playing the game where you have to finish each other's sentances. We were laughing so hard and having so much fun!! These two are awesome.
 Joelle and I have had many heart to hearts about taking it easy. We are similar in the way we react to stress and she always knows just when to say let's go for a walk right before I may spontaneously burst into tears. She is so smart and motivated and just a really awesome girl.
I loved when she was in our ward and playing the organ and every Sunday Abby would ask if she could go and sit with Joelle on the front bench. After Joelle left Abby was so sad she couldn't got and sit with her. Lucky for her Nicole is still here to play with.
Nicole has such a  sweet spirit. She is so awesome and good at just saying relax it's all good. She is so good at playing with her cousins at church. If Abby comes to church in a cranky mood she just has to sit by Nikki for a few minutes and everything is all better. We  love watching Nicole dance. She just started taking lessons but we went to her school recital and Abby was so excited to watch her cousin up on the stage. When Nicole was 8 and got baptized I remember going to her baptism and she had invited all her friends. I was so proud of her for being such a great missionary

Ben is uber talented in the baseball department. He is our chief babysitter these days and has done so well with both of the girls. I was worried we had scared him off kids forever the first time he babysat Natalie but he did it again so I figure we are all good. I love watching him and Ryan play together. They both love video games and it is so cute how Ryan becomes a little kid for awhile when they are together. One of my favorite memories of Ben is one time when we were out here and the kids were putting on costumes and trying to put on a play for us. Ben just kept running out and trying to scare us.
It is crazy how grown up they are now. I guess that means I am getting old.
We are so blessed to have these awesome guys close to us and we totally love them to bits.

No comments: