Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vicki&Darren

Well today I am lumping two together since I don't like to do computer stuff on Sunday. I am going to tell you about my awesome brother in law and sister.
The first time I heard about Darren it was Christmas 1988. My sister was intrigued by this guy and kept talking about him all Christmas holidays. He was so nice about all the wedding plans far more relaxed than his wife to be. Thank goodness! Actually Darren is pretty awesome. He is always helpful and dependable. When I moved to Winnipeg and had some car troubles he helped me replace a lighbulb in my car/headlights and all sorts of car stuff. He is really good at keeping secrets and helped us surprise my sister one year for her birthday.  He loves his baseball and is happy to leave us sisters to chat whenever a game is on!!

Now my sister Vicki is pretty awesome. One of my first memories of her is when I was in Grade 1/2 and she was trying to do my hair for school. I was crying for my Mom because it was hurting my head. Thankfully her skills have improved vastly and she is my favorite hairdresser ever!!! I pretty much grew up admiring her because she was my closest sister in age and she seemed always so beautiful and popular. I mean who wouldn't want to be like her? 
When I was in University I used to call her probably once every week/two weeks and she would always have plenty of advice and plenty of boys to set me up with. In fact every trip out here I think she set me up on a date with someone! I appreciated that she took the time to talk with her baby sister even though she is super busy!!
One of my favorite memories are the hours we used to spend singing at the piano together. So much fun.

Mostly I admire her testimony and dedication to the gospel. She is always giving to others and thinking of others. I wish I could be more like that.
She is an awesome Mom and has helped me many times gain perspective and really do the important things when it comes to parenting.
Lately we have become gym buddies and it is so fun to go work out with her. We are always pushing each other and attaining our goals together. It is so great to have her so close and to feel like great friends and sisters!!

I put in pictures of them holding our kids because they are both awesome to my kids it is great to have auntie and uncle so close!!!

2 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

What a great way to celebrate a great family!!!

Yvonne said...

They are definitely two of my favorite people.