Monday, February 1, 2010

Love Month

In honor of February being the month of "Love" I thought I would do something fun. I am doing to do a post about people I love/respect/admire every day. The majority will be family but of course a few great friends/influences in my life.

On the first day of February I am going to tell you about my brother Phillip. I have a ton  of memories but I will share just a couple. Phil is probably my sibling who knew me the most because he lived with me the longest as we were the closest in age. I am sure as the baby sister I occasionally annoyed him but he is a great brother that I love.

My first memory is from when I was in high school. He was home working and waiting for his mission call. I was super frustrated with my math class(one of my weaknesses) but I was determined to do well so I could get into nursing school. He took the time to go over concepts downstairs in his bedroom. I am so grateful for that and for the time he took to spend time with his baby sister. I remember his also giving me boy advice about the boys that I liked. So fun!!

When he went on his mission one of my YW goals was to write him a letter every week and I remember how fun that was to get letters from him about being a missionary.

My other memory is from a few years ago. He and his family came to visit me in Winnipeg shortly after I had Abby. Now anyone who has had a baby knows how crazy you are after having your first. I remember him telling me to just relax and take it easy. He is super easy going and a great brother to have around.
It is his birthday today so have a great day Phil!! Love you!!!!

Well this is the best that I can do since I can't seem to find my wedding disc which is the last time I took a pic of my bro. He is the cute one in the blue pj's!!!

Obviously missing my two sisters. This is a pic of my four brothers and I. I was three at the time!

3 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday to Phil!!!!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a great brother--and a fantastic idea for February. Can't wait to read more and see a picture of your brother ; )

LindsayB said...

you're such a nice sis. good to hear some things about phil because let's be honest it's not like i really know the guy!