Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mike

Today I am going to tell you some of my favorite memories of my oldest brother Mike. Since he was the oldest and I was the youngest and only 5 when he left the house I honestly don't remember much growing up. I do remember when he came home from his mission and Leslye and Vicki babysat all the rest of us. It was one big party. I was so proud to have a brother who was a returned missionary!!
 One of my favorite memories of him involves when he brought Deanna (his wife) home for the first time. This was a pretty big deal. My Dad is kinda scary when it comes to bringing people home and so we were all a bit nervous. I remember having a nice meal and then we had canned cherries for dessert. Of course my brothers started spitting cherry seeds at one another. I was pretty sure Deanna wouldn't come back but she did thankfully.  They asked me to be a bridesmaid and at 11 years old I thought I was pretty cool stuff. Especially singing "The Glory of Love" at their reception.(Oh my). I might add I didn't make him do any embarrassing performances at my wedding. He is the handsome one in the dark suit.
Most of my favorite memories are from when I lived in Edmonton and I got to spend some family time with them at their house. Of course all of these fun photos are on my old film camera.West Edmonton Mall waterpark and galaxyland, going to the movies, and going out for dinners. It was so fun to watch him being such a great husband and Dad. I was so grateful to him for coming to Cardston with me when I went through the temple for the first time and really for all the support while I was at school. It was nice to always know that I had family I could call on and they would come and help me if I needed it.
He is one pretty great brother!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I love these posts, Jess. Great job. It is wonderful to learn more about your family.