Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mom

Today I thought I would share with you some favorite memories of my Mom. I think everyone thinks their Mom is the best and I am no exception but I think I really started to appreciate my Mom once I had kids. First of all how on earth was she able to be a Mom to seven kids? Two keeps me busy enough. Anyway out of a lifetime of memories I picked a couple of my favorite.

(On a side note I have learned something in the three days I have been doing this 1. I don't take or have enough pictures of my family and 2. I really need to get some of my old printed pictures onto a digital format.)

Ok back to my Mom.
One of my favorite memories was in Grade 11. I was getting ready to take my Grade 9 piano exam and was of course stressed out and being a teenage girl. My Mom was always telling me to relax and have confidence in myself. I remember her taking me to the Cardston Alberta Temple Open House right before my piano exam because she said it would give me peace. What a wise woman!!! Sorry no awesome pics of me in high school all on the old film camera!!
Here is a pic of her at a baby shower they had for me when I was born. She was so excited to have a baby shower for number 7 can you imagine? Check out those outifts and hair do's!! Check out my sister Vicki in her styling red and white dress!!

Another favorite memory was all the talks we used to have driving back and forth  to volleyball, basketball, choir, and piano lessons. I remember all the recitals and games she always tried to come to. What an awesome lady.

Now that I have kids of my own I get to see her as a Grandma and although my kids don't get to see her as much as I'd like they love her and talking on the phone to Grandma Smith on the farm. She is pretty much amazing and I am grateful to have been raised by such a great lady!!!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Wow okay so you and Vicki totally are a mix of your Mom. Like I'm looking and I'm like...Wow Jess looks like her Mom....wow so does Vicki! So fun. What a nice little love tribute you're doing.

Yvonne said...

Your mom must be a wonderful woman--I know two of her daughters and they are pretty amazing.

Love all the pictures. I bet I was at the Open House of the temple, too. We were there during a trip in 1994???